- Artist's Statement
To capture a fleeting moment in time, a unique combination of light,atmospheric conditions, and often coincidence is a goal which has challenged me since my first introduction to photography.The subtle changes in the quiet serenity of nature which occur with changes of light, texture, shape, and form are exciting to recall when creating a print in the darkroom.
A self taught photographer, residing in La Grange Park, Illinois and part time in Door County, Wisconsin. He has studied with John Sexton, Bruce Barnbaum, Howard Bond, and Dan Anderson. The forests, fields, and shorelines of Door County are favorite subjects.
Leonard passed away in 2019 and is greatly missed.
- Large format (4X5), medium format, 35 mm. and digital cameras are used. All film processing, and printing is done personally from original negatives and is archivally processed, mounted, and matted.
- Miller Art Museum, Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin.
- Professional Management Associates; Oak Brook, Illinois.
- Heritage Insurance Company; Sheboygan, Wisconsin.
- Whitefish Dunes State Park; Door County, Wisconsin.
- Currently on display
- Past Exhibits and Shows
- Kimz Galley Cafe, Sturgeon Bay, WI. To 2019.
- Miller Art Museum - Door County Juried Photography Exhibit; Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin. March - April, 1990 , September- October. 1998.
- Hardy Gallery Annual Juried Photography Exhibit 1982 - 2000; Ephraim, Wisconsin.
- Peninsula Players, Madeline Tourtelot Gallery; Fish Creek, Wisconsin. One man show, July, 1992, August, 1996 , June, 1998.
- A Winter Feast - Invitational Exhibit, Milller Art Center; Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin November 18 - January 6, 1996.
- Brickton Gallery, 1998 Park Ridge, Illinois.
- Self Portraits by Door County Artists in the Miller Art Center Permanent Collection June 6 - July 28,1998